- 19-08: 09:00 - 17:00
- 20-08: 09:00 - 17:00
The last year has had a big impact on our relationship with time. We are setting endless countdowns that have started and restarted even in the last week. Every individual has a very personal relationship with counting down.
During the workshop we will be exploring unconventional ways to create a countdown motion piece. By combining traditional motion software with unexpected tools, we aim to find surprising, unique and uncommon ways to make typography move.
Participants will be encouraged to get out of their comfort zone and find new perspectives to approach their work.
- Presentation of our work, where we will show some insights in our approach to motion design
- Explanation of the assignment + questions
- During the day we will have 1 on 1 reviews with participants
- End of day everybody will present first ideas to the group and feedback from our side
- Continue working including reviews and feedback
- Mid day we will start setting up the installation and gathering the work that has been made
- Big reveal end of day of the work, we will reflect on the work
- Documenting the installation (for socials)
You need to have
- A basic knowledge of After Effects
You need to bring
Laptop with Adobe software (especially After Effects)
- €95,00 excl. VAT for professionals
- €75,00 incl. VAT for studenten
- You can register until 18 July
- The masterclass is in English
- The masterclass includes lunch
- There are limited places available for both Dutch and international participants.
- Participants will be selected on the basis of motivation
- Participants will hear by week 29 whether they have been selected
- The masterclass takes place at Ingenhousz Breda (Doctor Jan Ingen Houszplein 42, Breda, NL)
You can register until July 18.
Type Craft Summer School
From 16 till 26 August Graphic Matters presents the Type Craft Summer School in Breda. The Summer School consists of six masterclasses that are completely dedicated to typography, in the broadest sense of the word.
Each masterclass will be given by a leading international designer, typographer or layout designer. In addition, there is a social programme with studio visits, type tours and lectures.
Check out our travel and accommodation tips for Breda!
Keep an Eye Foundation
This masterclass is made possible by the Keep an Eye Foundation, a Dutch foundation dedicated to talent development that supports various organisations nationwide. Read more about it here.
Want to stay up to date? Subscribe to the Graphic Matters newsletter.
Studio Dumbar (part of Dept) is an international agency with a Dutch heritage, specialising in visual branding and motion.
Studio Dumbar attracts talented individuals from around the world. The portfolio is equally diverse, encompassing work for a variety of clients both large and small – from business and government to cultural and non-profit.
Projects span from the Dutch Police visual identity, Adidas Futurenatural identity, the non profit organization Alzheimer Nederland, the Van Gogh museum identity refresh to initiating and designing Demo - design in motion festival.
Since 2016 Studio Dumbar is part of Dept, an international digital network. Dept brings together the best agencies in creativity, technology and data.