Look Up, Look Down, Look Everywhere during this workshop where we will collectively (and separately) will be working on two artworks. Look at what you see everyday but do not see anymore (or have not seen yet) and incorporate your favourite shapes in your artwork.
About the artist
Damien Poulain (1975)lives and works in Paris. He studied visual communication at the École Supérieure d’Art et de Design d’Orléans and obtained his masters degree at the ‘Staatliche Akademie der Bildenden Stuttgart Künste’. In his work, Damien explores the relation between design and architecture. He takes inspiration from Shintoism, tribals and heraldic symbols. Damien wants his work to bring together people of different backgrounds.
Saturday November 14th, from 10:00 till 17:00
The masterclass starts with a short introduction. Afterward, Damien talks about his work and explains the assignment. Around 12:00 a one-hour question session. Participants can talk 1 on 1 with Damien. The participants present their work around 16:00.
- A computer with a stable internet connection.
- A Google account (to use Google Meets).
- Make sure to have pencil/pen and paper to sketch.
- Paper 200gsm (or similar).
- Gouache (three colours you can select before the workshop).
Registration is closed!
Terms and conditions
- The masterclass is accessible to designers up to 36 years old.
- The masterclass is English spoken.
- There are 12 places available for both Dutch and international participants.
- Registration is open until 12 November, 23:59.
- Participants are selected based on their motivation.
- Participants will be informed whether they are selected on 13 November.
- Participation is free.
Keep an Eye Foundation
This masterclass is made possible by the Keep an Eye Foundation, a Dutch foundation dedicated to talent development, supporting various organisations nationwide. Read more about it here.