You will look up, and down, but mainly up. Together you will look for those things you usually don’t notice. During your search you will be forced to look at things differently and to reconsider your perception of your surroundings. Everyone’s findings will be translated into a series of designs and finally transformed into a mural at the Blind Walls Wall Spot.
During this masterclass you will learn to observe your surroundings through a new perspective. Are you an illustrator, artist or graphic designer interested in exploring this topic? Do you enjoy working with paper, scissors and ink, yet not afraid to work on large-scale projects? Then quickly sign up!
About the artist
Damien Poulain (1975) lives and works in Paris. He studied visual communication at the École Supérieure d’Art et de Design d’Orléans and obtained his masters degree at the Staatliche Akademie der Bildenden Stuttgart Künste.In his work, Damien explores the relation between design and architecture. He takes inspiration from Shintoism, tribals and heraldic symbols. Damien wants his work to bring together people of different backgrounds.
- 09:30 tot 10:30 Introduction
- 10:30 tot 12:30 Photographing the city
- 12:30 tot 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 tot 17:00 Drawing, sketching on paper and computer
- 09:30 tot 12:30 Translating sketches to final design
- 12:30 tot 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 tot 17:00 Starting work on mural
- 09:30 tot 13:00 Painting
- 13:00 tot 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 tot 16:00 Painting
- 16:00 tot 17:00 Wrapping things up + drinks!
Terms and conditions
- The masterclass is accessible to designers up to 36 years old.
- The masterclass is English spoken.
- There are 8 places available for both Dutch and international participants.
- Registration is open until October 12th.
- Participants are selected based on their motivation.
- Participants will be informed whether they are selectedno later than October 15th.
- Participation fee is €30,00.
- Lunch included.
Participants need to bring:
- Camera or phone with good quality camera
- Your favourite drawing and/or writing material
Art materials, printing facilities and wifi will be provided.
Want to join this three-day masterclass? Please fill in your information below. Registration closes on the 12th of October.
Keep an Eye Foundation
This masterclass is made possible by the Keep an Eye Foundation, a Dutch foundation dedicated to talent development, supporting various organisations nationwide. Read more about it here.