The corona-crisis has drastically changed our daily lives, but that doesn’t mean life is on hold! Which is why we’re offering you the chance to join the Keep an Eye masterclass ‘Information is Beautiful‘ by journalist, datadesigner and writer David McCandless on June 16th (for free)!
Thanks to the support of the Keep an Eye Foundation, designers can participate for free, instead of the regular cost of €229,—.
Terms and conditions
Cost and registration
- The masterclass is open to creatives under the age of 36.
- There are 15 spots available for both Dutch and international participants.
- Registration is open until May 20th.
- Participants will be selected based on motivation and can apply via the form below.
- Participants will hear if they are selected no later than June 5th.
- Participation is free. More information will follow after selection.
- The masterclass is English-spoken.
- The masterclass takes place via the free Zoom app.
About the masterclass
In this rare virtual workshop, David McCandless, founder of Information is Beautiful, shares his concept-driven process and method for creating successful visualisations, giving you a chance to ask questions and get feedback on your work.
Expect a fun, informative virtual experience that is interactive and hands-on. All with a solid underpinning of theory and best practice.
What will you learn?
- Concepting and the generation of good, interesting ideas ripe for visualisation.
- Creating, selecting and executing appropriate and effective charts and visualisations.
- Designing and beautifying charts and diagrams.
This workshop is for designers who;
- wishing to translate written reports, research and messaging into impactful visual form,
- wanting to better understand the practice of data journalism and storytelling with data,
- needing to succinctly communicate issues or data points to specific audiences,
- who is a “words and ideas” person looking to translate their concepts into design language,
- who is a “visual/design thinker” wanting to expand their approach to include data,
- who is a “data/code” person looking to improve aesthetics and conceptual prowess.
What you will need:
- Access to a laptop or computer with internet connectivity. The workshop is hosted in an online virtual meeting space, available via the free Zoom app.
- Camera/video is optional.
- Paper and pens. Expect some fun collaboration in virtual breakout spaces.
- You may also want to bring data or problems you are currently working with, so you can see if applying the Information Is Beautiful lens can help you find a solution or expression of your data.
- The workshop will start at 10:00 am.
- There will be two breaks of approximately 15 minutes and one-hour lunchbreak.
- The event will end at approximately 15:00 pm.
- This event is for attendees on a European timezone.
JOIN THE MASTERCLASS!
SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED