Show us your information superpower!
SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED!
Our world-view is generated by algorithms. Data is ever-present and all around us. More than ever we need people who are openminded and are critical about the information that is presented to them on a silver platter.
Graphic designers create order out of chaos, give insight into complicated matters and have the power to create an emotional response. They visualize urgent topics so everyone can understand them in the blink of an eye.
In the post-digital age the poster is still a powerful tool to communicate important topics. With this Open Call we call upon designers from all over the world to design a poster on a topic they care about!
Theme: Information Superpower!
This is your chance to show us your what you care about. Climate change, plastic soup, fast fashion, fake news, fear mongering, privacy or a personal matter. Everything is allowed, as long as you use your ‘information superpower’! Make a poster in the form of a data visualization, infographic, map or user manual. For the first time we also allow moving posters!
- Keep in mind that your poster has to be legible from three meters distance
- You can submit a maximum of 2 posters and 1 moving poster
- You promise to submit new or previously unpublished work
Watch the trailer below!
What’s in it for you:
- The winning posters will be exhibited during Graphic Matters from September 20th until October 27th
- The winning moving posters will also be displayed during DEMO festival in Amsterdam on November 7th
- 5 VIP winners receive travel budget, an overnight stay and free entrance to the vernissage on September 20th and the festival
- The remaining winners receive a free festival ticket
- The winning posters will be printed as a limited edition during Graphic Matters
- The winners receive their poster when they visit the festival
- The winning posters will be published. The winners receive 1 publication
You can submit your poster till August 11th