- 24-08: 10:00 - 17:00
- 25-08: 10:00 - 17:00
- 26-08: 10:00 - 17:00
- Ingenhousz Breda (Doctor Jan Ingen Houszplein 42, Breda,NL)
The Scarcity Type
A consumer acts from the idea of abundance. A maker acts from the idea of scarcity. How minimal can you go?
During this three-day master class, Autobahn will guide participants through topics such as: How do you experience minimal communication? What does minimal typography look like? How little do you actually need to tell your message and reach your target group? And how does this translate into the use of materials?
From your role as a maker, you will learn to think, choose and work from scarcity. In collaborative sessions, participants will be challenged to explore the extremes of typography in a dialogue with materials. The physical result will be shown in the public space of Breda.
- Day 1 Concept development: gathering inspiration, sharing ideas and thinking with your hands.
- Day 2 Creation: collect materials, share sketches and make something with your brain.
- Day 3 Presentation: gather audience, share story and give (away) with your heart.
You need to have
- A creative, analytical approach and communicatively thinking
- An interest in materials and crafts
- A basic knowledge of Adobe programs
You need to bring
- Laptop with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign
- Glyphs Mini is desired, but not necessary
- A sketchpad/notebook
- Your favourite drawing and writing materials
We provide standard drawing materials, wifi and printing facilities.
- The masterclass is in English
- The masterclass includes lunch
- A total of 15 participants can take part
- The masterclass will be held at Ingenhousz Breda (Doctor Jan Ingen Houszplein 42, Breda)
Purchase a ticket!
- €95,00 excl. vat for professionals.
- €75,00 incl. VAT for students.
- Buy your ticket here: link
Type Craft Summer School
From 16 till 26 August Graphic Matters presents the Type Craft Summer School in Breda. The Summer School consists of six masterclasses that are completely dedicated to typography, in the broadest sense of the word.
Each masterclass will be given by a leading international designer, typographer or layout designer. In addition, there is a social programme with studio visits, type tours and lectures.
Check out our travel and accommodation tips for Breda!
Keep an Eye Foundation
This masterclass is made possible by the Keep an Eye Foundation, a Dutch foundation dedicated to talent development that supports various organisations nationwide. Read more about it here.
Want to stay up to date? Subscribe to the Graphic Matters newsletter.
Autobahn is a Dutch creative studio based in Amsterdam and Rotterdam with speciality in graphic design, branding, typography and strategic visual content.
Autobahn (NL, 2006) is named after the fictitious band in the movie ‘The Big Lebowski’. During art academy Maarten Dullemeijer (1982) and Rob Stolte (1981) started a band with several others, but soon decided that they’d better stick to designing.
Autobahn takes the opportunity to expand to their new experimental mentality for typography in every assignment. Craft plays an important part of their daily design routine while they experiment with materials, production methods and re-inventing old techniques. Combine this exploration with a clear concept and big gestures, and it results in a typical Autobahn design.